Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Recipe Review: Crockpot Baked Potatoes

I am always on the look out for good crockpot recipes. So naturally, when I came across this recipe on Pinterest I could not resist making it into my own recipe review to share with all of you. The biggest thing that you will need to watch out for is underestimating the size of your potato!

You're main ingredients are potatoes and aluminum foil.

I used my Weight Watchers scale to weigh my raw potato to find out how many pointsplus it would be for dinner.

After weighing my potato, I covered it with aluminum foil and wrote my name on it. Otherwise, I would not have known which baked potato was mine!

My favorite baked potato topping are these Green Giant Just for One Broccoli & Cheese Sauce trays. They are just 1 pointsplus per tray!

This is what my Baked Potato looked like when it was finished! It tasted just as good as the baked potatoes that I cook in the oven!


. . . . . . . . . .
Crockpot Baked Potatoes
______________________________
Servings: 4
Serving Size: 1 potato
Calories:164
Fat: 0.2 g
Fiber: 4.7 g
Protein: 4.3 g
Old Points: 2 pt
Points+: 4 pts+ (large is 5 pts+)
______________________________ 
Ingredients
4 medium russet potatoes
aluminum foil
Toppings (extra pts+): light sour cream, fresh chives, bacon bits, broccoli, cheese 

Instructions 
Wash and scrub potatoes until clean. Dry thoroughly. When dry, prick potatoes with a fork and wrap in aluminum foil.

Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea... crockpot cooking requires some planning ahead. I am not very good at that, though I find when I DO better planning I make much healthier choices. I will work on that, with this recipe to assist me :)

Beth said...

so you don't put any water or anything in your crock pot? Just the potatoes in foil? I am def going to try this, but I want to make sure that I understand it! Thanks for sharing!

Jen Newsham said...

Beth - Just potatoes and foil. I did not add any water to my crock pot.

JG said...

I've never thought to try the premade broccoli and cheese topping! I'll have to do that.

Helen said...

Can't wait to try this! Great tip about using the green giant 1 point packs to top it. Just one question, if I cook extra to have 1 for lunch the next day any thoughts on best way to reheat my potato? Microwave?

Angela ~ Call Her Blessed said...

Baked potatoes in the crock pot is one of my most visited blog posts ... & pins on pinterest. Pretty nifty use of the crock pot. Happy Thursday =)

Kena said...

I love your blog. I will be giving this recipe a try soon. It looks so yummy!

Kris said...

This looks so yummy. Potatos are wonderful and what an easy recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...