Friday, October 28, 2011

Three Year Anniversary with Weight Watchers

Today is my three year anniversary with Weight Watchers!!

Here is a before and after picture so that you can see just how much I have changed in the last three years!

{Before}
Before Weight Watchers in July 2008

{After}
After Weight Watchers in October 2011

I have changed so much in the last three years both on the inside and out!! I am not the same person I was when I started this journey. This year I have even become a Weight Watchers leader!! Who would have ever thought that I would be able to call myself a Weight Watchers leader!? It is such an honor. 

Normally, in the Weight Watchers meeting that I lead, it is all about my members. I try to let my members share as much as possible. However, because today is my anniversary with Weight Watchers I am going to focus on myself for a little bit! I want to share with you the top three things that I have learned since I joined Weight Watchers.


{#3: I Am A Priority}


I would not have lost 90 pounds if I had never made myself a priority. I was so used to putting others before myself that I did not even know it was a problem! As I began to attend Weight Watchers meetings I learned that in order to be successful I would have to make time for me! I needed an hour each Tuesday evening to come to my Weight Watchers meeting and weigh-in. I needed time to prepare my healthy food. I needed time to exercise. I needed time to relax, so that I could avoid emotional eating. It's might sound selfish, but it's not.

If you do not make yourself a priority you will not achieve your weight loss goals. Here is a blog post that might help you make yourself a priority. Are You, Your #1 Priority?


{#2: It's Not A Diet. It's A Lifestyle Change.}

source

When I first started my weight loss journey Weight Watchers explained to me that I was not on another diet. They told me that I was making a lifestyle change, which is very different. Weight Watchers explained that in order for the changes to last a life time, I needed to lose my "diet" mentality.

I can honestly say that Weight Watchers has taught me how to change my habits so that I could lead a healthier lifestyle. The education that I received at my Weight Watchers meetings continues to impact the food choices I make even today! I am far from perfect and there are days when I slip up, but overall I lead a much healthier lifestyle than I did three years ago.


{#1: All Things Are Possible with Christ}

"I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me." - Philippians 4:12

I am living proof that all things are possible through Christ! I could not have reached my weight loss goal without the Lord. God has put incredible people in my life, like my husband Jon, to be there to encourage me when times got tough. God has reminded me that I am His child! God has showed me that my identity is found in Him and not in the number on the scale.

If you are just starting your weight loss journey I hope that you will invite God to be apart of your journey!

I look forward to being able to celebrate many more anniversaries with Weight Watchers!!


To read previous blog posts about my Weight Watchers anniversaries click the links below.

2 comments:

Krystle kjb Bailey said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!!! I loved this post in so many ways. I recently celebrated my one year anniversary and just in that one year I can completely relate to everything you said in this blog. I have lost 85lbs and I too want to become a Weight Watchers leader! I'm not quite at goal yet but you definitely inspired me to keep pushing! You are incredible and God is definitely using you in His will! Keep up the awesome work. you are WORTH IT!!!

Krystle
skinny-jeans-dreams.blogspot.com

mrsmarkdave said...

I really like your #3 reason. I am a priority.
Just about an hour ago, my mom called to invite us over for (a very unhealthy) dinner on Sunday afternoon to celebrate my dad's birthday. I was feeling really bad that I had to tell her no.
I've been in a rough spot through the whole month of October. And, I'm on track now, but I'm very vulnerable and just can't put that temptation out there. Yes - one meal wouldn't hurt...in theory. But one meal is what ruined my whole month of October.
So, your post has really eased my guilt today :-)
Congratulations on 3 years! That's very exciting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...