Monday, July 18, 2011

Happy Monday

Jon has been gone all weekend. He comes home tonight and I cannot wait!! I have been blogging a lot over at our personal blog, Newsham Flight Log. God has been teaching me so much about so many different things and I cannot help but blog about it.

I had lots of things planned for this past weekend. I tried to be productive and keep myself busy so that I would not just eat the entire weekend. Weekends like this are such a challenge for me! It's hard being alone, because I snack and eat much more then I needed to. This is one reason that I do not like being home alone! I did overeat, but not as much as I thought I would.

I have been going without sugar-free foods and artificial sweeteners for several days now. However, things are going great! I do not have headaches like I did when I was eating those things all the time. I also do not feel like I am as hungry as I was before when I was eating sugar-free foods on a regular basis.

I do not have many pictures from this weekend, because Jon took our camera with him on our trip. However, I took this picture of me Sunday morning before church. What do you think?


Have a great Monday!!

5 comments:

mrsmarkdave said...

I think you're adorable. That's what I think :-)
I am now artificial sweetener-free, too. I was really strongly leaning that way, but then your post from last week pushed me over the edge. I found a taker for my diet Mt. Dew (two 12-packs), and will probably just throw the splenda away.

Jen Newsham said...

MrsMarkDave - Good for you! I think I am going to give away my Splenda. Glad someone took your diet Mt. Dew!

bslim4u said...

You look great. Your before and now pictures really encourages me. I have been off the artificial sweetener and sugar-free items for 1 1/2 months now. Best thing I did for myself.

Cindy Matejka said...

Cute dress, share your shopping tips.

Jen Newsham said...

bslim4u - Thank you!

Cindy - Shopping tips...this dress I got for free from a friend, because she didn't want it anymore. Maybe I could write a blog post about my shopping tips! Thanks for the great idea.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...