Thursday, August 12, 2010

Big Dreams Do Come True

If you are going to dream, why not dream big? Do you believe God is big enough to answer the desires of your heart?

Over the last six weeks, two of my closest friends have left the U.S. to go teach in various cities in Asia. Please pray for these women if you think of them.

Anna and I, were co-workers at the University. After Jon and I moved here from Oregon I began praying for a friend. At the same time I was also praying for a full-time job. Little did I know that my prayers would be answered in one shot! We could talk for hours and share a deep love for China. Anna was also the reason I joined Weight Watchers. She was my accountability partner. I could not have reached my goal without she support. Six weeks ago she left the University to move to China to teach English for at least two years.

Anna and I at my Weight Watchers meeting, when I reached Lifetime.


Michelle and I were inseparable in college. We share so many of the same interests that we never run out of things to talk about. We have been friends for almost six years. We have seen the good, the bad, and the ugly in one another. She was the Maid of Honor at my wedding and I look forward to being friends with her for the rest of my life. Michelle leaves today to go to Japan to teach for at least a year and a half.

Michelle and I at Jon's Graduation in May 2010.


Selfishly, I want them both to stay here in the U.S. so that I can have easy access to them when I need them. I am sad that my friends are gone. But I know that God’s plans for them and for me. I have shed many tears over their departures. It hit me really hard this morning, I was overwhelmed with sadness and an ache in my heart for my friends. However, the Lord reminded me of that He is making these ladies dreams come true!! They have dreamed of going to these countries for years. What could be more exciting then to actually seeing their prayers answered.

Then I got an email and God encouraged me even more. This morning’s Proverbs 31 Ministries devotional for the day is called, “Do You Have a Dream?”! Is that perfect timing or what? I’m so glad that the Lord knows what is on my heart and speaks directly to me. The Lord is fulfilling my friends dreams and I know that someday He will fulfill mine. Until that time, I must do as Lysa Terkeurst said this morning, be obedient in the small things. When I do that God will bring about big results!!

2 comments:

Chelle said...

I forgot how long my hair was! I'm glad it's short for this hot and humid weather. Thanks for helping me remember all the little ways God prepared me for my move to Okinawa. I have to write a blog about it. Love you! That picture feels like it was taken ages ago.

Jennifer said...

I'm so excited to see how God uses this experience in your life.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...